Year 2 2021 - 2022
Senior Leader and Teacher
The Year 2 children are taught by Miss Jenkinson on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday and Miss Moon on Monday, along with Mrs Harrison & Miss Verron and Mrs Evans (TAs) throughout the week.
In Year 2, the children continue to develop their own independence. They are given lots of responsibilities and we encourage them to challenge themselves to achieve their full potential! They are aware of their own learning goals and with support from teachers and family; they work on their goals with enthusiasm and determination.
The children have daily maths lessons and English, phonics and 'spelling, punctuation and grammar'; they have weekly foundation lessons too. The chldren are encouraged to recall their learning regularly to ensure it remains in their long term memory. They also learn through lots of different resources - exploring artefacts, researching on the internet and going on exciting trips.
The Year 2 classroom is welcoming and provides lots of resources to help learning progress. There are also plenty of opportunities for the children to learn outside - develop their gross motor skills, team work and resilience. They also consolidate and extend their learning through accessing the areas in the classroom including the writing area, the maths area and the reading corner.
Year 2 will also take part in Forest School sessions (dates to be confirmed). Activities include - campfire cooking, den building and tree climbing (to name just a few). They will also learn a variety of knots to make frames and to use as a life skill in the future.
Important things to remember: -
- We do PE twice a week – please ensure your child has their full indoor and outdoor kit kept in school for the full half term. This will return home at the end of each half term to be washed.
- Homework is set on a Friday and completed by the following Thursday – the homework will be set on TEAMS. An A4 homework book will be sent home for your child to complete homework in. Do not send this book into school. We will monitor homework completion electronically.
- The main thing you can do to support learning is read with your child. Therefore - homework will consist of: reading at least 4 times per week (please log on GoRead), completing 3 sessions of Math Seeds per week and spellings to learn for a weekly spelling test.
- Reading books will be collected in, and a new book will be issued, on Thursdays.
- Water bottles - children sould bring clean, full water bottle each day. This should have enough water to drink throughout the day.
- A healthy afternoon snack will be provided but children are welcome to bring a healthy morning snack to enjoy during playtime (no crisps or chocolate).
Files to Download
Year 2: News items
Year 2: Gallery items
Year 2: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display