Year 2 2020 - 2021
Senior Leader and Teacher
The Year 2 children are taught by Miss Jenkinson on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday and Miss Moon on Monday, along with Mrs Evans & Mrs Farrimond (TAs) throughout the week. Throughout Year 2, the children continue to develop their own independence. They are given lots of responsibilities and they challenge themselves to achieve their full potential! They are aware of their own learning goals and with support from teachers and family; they work on their goals with enthusiasm and determination!
The children have daily English, phonics/spelling and maths lessons and have weekly foundation lessons taught weekly. At the start of each foundation topic the children discuss what they already know and what they would like to learn about. They learn in lots of different ways such as exploring artefacts, researching on the internet and going on exciting trips. We will enhance learning by providing our children with lots of external and internal trips and experiences.
The Year 2 classroom is very bright and has lots of information to help their learning. There is also plenty of opportunity for the children to learn outside where the children develop their gross motor skills, team work and gardening skills. They also consolidate and extend their learning through accessing the writing area, the maths area and the reading corner.
Year 2 will also take part in Forest School sessions beginning in 2021 (dates to be confirmed). Activities include - campfire cooking, den building and tree climbing (to name just a few). They will also learn a variety of knots to make frames and to use as a life skill in the future.
Important things to remember: -
- We do PE on Wednesday afternoons – please arrive in school wearing your outdoor PE kits as PE will take place outside.
- Homework is set on a Friday and completed by the following Thursday – the homework will be set on TEAMS. An A4 homework book will be sent home for your child to complete homework in. Do not send this book into school. We will monitor homework completion electronically.
- Homework will consist of: reading at least 4 times per week (please log on GoRead, completing 3 sessions of Math Seeds per week and they will be given spellings to learn for their weekly spelling test.
- Starting on Monday 7th home reading books will be collected in on Mondays and given out on Thursdays. This follows government guidelines and allows the books to be quarantined for 48 hours before going back into circulation. If your child forgets their book on a Monday, they will have to keep the same book until the following Monday. Books can only be returned on Mondays and only given out on Thursdays.
- Water bottles - please send in a clean, full water bottle each day. Due to Covid restrictions we cannot fill up your child's bottle. Please send enough water to drink throughout the day.
- A healthy afternoon snack will be provided - please send a healthy morning snack for your child to enjoy during morning playtime (no crisps).
Files to Download
Year 2: News items
Year 2: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 2: Gallery items
Year 2: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display