Year 2 2021 - 2022
Senior Leader and Teacher
The Year 2 children are taught by Miss Jenkinson on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday and Miss Moon on Monday, along with Mrs Harrison & Mrs Brown and Miss Sheedy (TAs) throughout the week.
In Year 2, the children continue to develop their own independence. They are given lots of responsibilities and they challenge themselves to achieve their full potential! They are aware of their own learning goals and with support from teachers and family; they work on their goals with enthusiasm and determination.
The children have daily English, phonics/'spelling, punctuation and grammar' and maths lessons; they have weekly foundation lessons too. The chldren learn in lots of different ways such as exploring artefacts, researching on the internet and going on exciting trips. We enhance learning by providing our children with lots of external and internal trips and experiences.
The Year 2 classroom is very bright and has lots of information and resources to help their learning progress. There is also plenty of opportunity for the children to learn outside where the children develop their gross motor skills, team work and Forest School skills. They also consolidate and extend their learning through accessing the writing area, the maths area and the reading corner.
Year 2 will also take part in Forest School sessions (dates to be confirmed). Activities include - campfire cooking, den building and tree climbing (to name just a few). They will also learn a variety of knots to make frames and to use as a life skill in the future.
Important things to remember: -
- We do PE on Tuesdays – please ensure your child has their full indoor and outdoor kit kept in school for the full half term. This will return home at the end of each half term to be washed.
- Homework is set on a Friday and completed by the following Thursday – the homework will be set on TEAMS. An A4 homework book will be sent home for your child to complete homework in. Do not send this book into school. We will monitor homework completion electronically.
- Homework will consist of: reading at least 4 times per week (please log on GoRead, completing 3 sessions of Math Seeds per week and they will be given spellings to learn for their weekly spelling test.
- Reading books will be collected in, and a new book will be issued, on Thursdays.
- Water bottles - please send in a clean, full water bottle each day. Please send enough water to drink throughout the day.
- A healthy afternoon snack will be provided - please send a healthy morning snack for your child to enjoy during morning playtime (no crisps).
Files to Download
Year 2: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 2: Gallery items
Year 2: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display