Year 3 2023 - 2024
Class Teacher - Mrs Sharon Calderbank
Teaching Assistants- Mrs Quinn, Mrs Rumsey (mornings), Mrs Amy Grimshaw (afternoons) and Mrs Farrimond
The children’s learning is based around curriculum maps that have been carefully considered for each topic, ensuring the children have access to a rich and varied curriculum; which will give them the skills and knowledge they require, to help them to progress through their educational journey. The children will also have experience days, trips and lots more to help to enhance the children’s learning experience.
In Year 3, the children learn how to be more self-sufficient and practice skills to encourage them to be independent learners; for example, accessing the Internet and using books for research, having access to dictionaries to check their own spellings. They are encouraged to solve problems for themselves and rely less on support for day to day tasks.
Presentation and handwriting are very important and as the children move into the juniors, they will learn how important it is to present their work well. Children can earn a pen licence, which is a wonderful accolade and great celebration of the child’s effort to present their work to the best of their ability. However, this can only be achieved once they are able to join their writing and present all their work neatly.
In Year three, the children are very lucky to have other adults and teachers working with them: Mrs Calderbank (Teacher) Mrs Quinn (TA) Mrs Rumsey and Mrs Grimshaw. We will also have Mrs Farrimond on a Friday.
The children learn in a large, bright environment which is full of learning resources and children's work. They are encouraged to use the resources independently to help them with their learning.
Important things to remember: -
- We do PE on a Monday and a Wednesday – please ensure that your full indoor and outdoor PE kits are always in school on a Monday.
- We have Music lessons every Wednesday and Friday, please ensure your child brings in their recorders on a Friday, thank you.
- Homework is set on a Friday, please check your child's homework bag. If you could kindly help your child to practise their spellings ready to be quizzed on them the following Friday.
- Reading - We change banded books every Thursday – please can you ensure that your child reads their book, at home. They also need to bring their book in everyday, for them to read in school.
- Please send a full fresh water bottle into school, for your child to be able to access throughout the day and fruit and a healthy snack for break times.